The"Real Cheese People" Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices any organic bread
- 1-2 slices Organic Valley American Cheese Singles
- 2 teaspoons Organic Valley Cultured Butter
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Place the Organic Valley American Cheese Singles between the bread slices and grill in skillet until browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
Cut with a ginger bread man shaped cookie cutter, eat the trim, and serve immediately.
Apricot Snack Bars
To toast sesame seeds, spread sesame seeds in shallow pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Remove from oven; cool.
- 1/2 cup NOW Sesame Seeds
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour (a premium white flour brand is King Arthur)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup NOW Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 cup finely chopped NOW Unsweetened Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Stir flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon into butter mixture until well-mixed. Add oats, apricots, toasted sesame seeds and raisins; mix well. Mixture will be thick.
Spread evenly in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Cut into 24 bars.